Please read our Privacy Statement to understand what information we collect from you and how we use that information.
Effective September 6, 2018
At Ethos Human Capital Solutions we are committed to empowering, protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy document explains when we collect personal information about you, why we do, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others, how we keep it safe and secure, and your rights and choices about your information.
Any questions regarding this policy and our privacy practices should be sent by email to email@example.com or by writing to:
Ethos Human Capital Solutions
17192 Murphy Avenue, #19339
Irvine, CA 92623
Who are we?
We are Ethos Human Capital Solutions, a human resources consulting and advisory firm.
In this policy ‘EthosHCS, ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ means:
Ethos Human Capital Solutions, a California corporation, operating in California, United States of America.
How do we collect information from you?
We obtain information about you in the following ways:
- Information you give us directly;
- Information you give us indirectly;
- When you visit this website;
- When you visit certain third-party sites who provide services to this website;
- Social Media.
What type of information is collected from you?
The information we collect, store and use about you might include:
- Your name and contact details (including, name and email address) that you provide us when using our web site forms or registration features;
- Information about your activities on our website and on websites through which we post surveys or employment opportunities. We collect information about the device you use to access our web services, your IP address and geographical location. We use Google Analytics to track the pages you visit on our website or web-based applications used on our site;
- Information you provide us by using web forms, registrations, surveys or questionnaires on our website or apps; or in emails or documents you send us.
The general categories of information we collected in the last 12 months include:
- Identifiers (like your name, contact information, and device and online identifiers);
- Characteristics protected by law (for example, you might provide your gender as part of a survey for us);
- Internet or other electronic network activity information (such as your usage of our Services, or links you click on;
- Geolocation data (such as your location, based on your IP address);
- Audio, visual or similar information (such as your voicemails, picture, if you provided us one);
- Professional or employment-related or information you provide related to a job opportunity;
- Credit card or bank account information to process payment for services; and
- Inferences we make (such as likelihood of retention or attrition).
We do not collect credit card or bank account information on our website. We do not actively request or collect other personally identifiable information or sensitive data about you. Where appropriate, we will make it clear why we are collecting this type of information and for what it will be used.
How and why is your information used?
We may use your information for a number of different purposes, which may include:
- Providing you with the inquiry, services, products or information you asked for;
- Carrying out our obligations under any contracts entered into between you and us;
- Keeping a record of your relationship with us;
- Conducting analysis and market research to better understand how we can improve our services, products or information;
- Seeking your questions, views or comments on the services we provide;
- Notifying you of changes to our services;
- Sending you communications that you have requested and that may be of interest to you. These may include our newsletter, webinar notifications, responses to questions you have submitted to us, or other communications you have opted to receive;
- Reviewing employment opportunities or applications you have submitted for consideration and;
- Processing payments.
How long is your information kept?
We keep your information for no longer than is necessary for the purposes it was collected for. The length of time we retain your personal information is determined by operational and legal considerations. For example, we maintain resumes in accordance with EEOC and DFEH guidelines. The State of California requires us to keep applications for employment for at least two years. We are also legally required to hold some types of information to fulfill our statutory and regulatory obligations (e.g. tax/accounting purposes, if applicable).
We review our retention timeframes on a regular basis.
Who has access to your information?
We do not sell or rent your information to any third parties.
We do not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
However, your information may be shared with third parties in order to achieve the other purposes set out in this policy. These third parties may include:
- Third parties or independent contractors working on our behalf;
- Third party Product Providers or Vendors we work with, such as payment processors, cloud storage services, postal and email services that help us communicate with you, and vendors that help us manage operations or website features;
- Third parties with whom you have requested we share information;
- Legal or regulatory authorities in response to a governmental request or court order.
We undertake regular reviews of who has access to information that we hold to ensure that your information is only accessible by appropriately trained staff or contractors.
Communications with you
We may use your contact details to provide you with information about Ethos Human Capital Solutions activities that may be of interest to you, such as webinars, updates on legal compliance issues relevant to HR professionals, as well as the products or services you can participate in or purchase with us, if we think it may be of interest to you.
We will only send you marketing communications by email if you have explicitly provided your consent by opting into those communications. You may opt out of our marketing communications at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the end of our marketing emails.
You have a choice about whether or not you wish to receive information from us. If you do not want to receive marketing communications from us about webinars, or updates on legal compliance issues relevant to HR professionals, as well as the products or services you can participate in or purchase from us, then you can select your choices by unsubscribing at any time through the link provided in our emails.
We’re committed to putting you in control of your data so you’re free to change your marketing preferences (including to tell us that you don’t want to be contacted for marketing purposes) at any time using: firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 844-384-6747 or by postal mail: Ethos Human Capital Solutions, 17192 Murphy Ave #19339, Irvine, CA 92623.
We will not use your personal information for marketing purposes if you have indicated that you do not wish to be contacted and will retain your details on a suppression list to help ensure that we do not continue to contact you. However, we may still need to contact you for administrative purposes like where we are processing a request or an order or registration from you or thanking you for your participation in an event.
Keeping your information safe
While no online service is 100% secure, when you give us personal information, we take steps to ensure that appropriate technical and organizational practices are in place to protect it. We employ website security measures to protect you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction of your information on our website, and take reasonable measures to do so.
Some personally identifying details (such as your name, email address etc.) are transmitted normally over the internet, and this can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your information and it is stored on our systems, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems. Where we have given (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We use modern authentication protocols to ensure your account and passwords are secure.
Keeping your information up to date
We rely on you to ensure your information is accurate and up to date. We really appreciate it if you let us know when your contact details change.
Use of ‘cookies’
It is possible to switch off cookies by setting your browser preferences. Turning cookies off may result in a loss of some functionality when using our website.
Do Not Track signals
We do not currently respond to “do not track’ signals. We need to collect and store some information about your visit to Ethos Human Capital Solutions to deliver content and offer some basic functionality for website services.
Links to other websites
Information may be collected in some third party applications used on our site.
Our website may contain links to other websites run by other organizations. This policy applies only to our website‚ so we encourage you to read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit. We cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other websites even if you access those using links from our website.
13 or Under
We are concerned about protecting the privacy of children aged 13 or under. This website is not intended to serve those under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13‚ please get your parent/guardian’s permission beforehand whenever you provide us with personal information.
We undertake regular reviews of who has access to information that we hold to ensure that your information is only accessible by appropriately trained staff and contractors.
Changes to this Policy
Any changes we may make to this policy in the future will be posted on this website. Please check this page occasionally to ensure that you are aware of and comfortable with any changes. If we make any significant changes we’ll make this clear on this website.
Review of this Policy
We regularly review this policy and update it relative to processing or administrative changes, or updates to our website, apps or services. This policy was last updated in April 2020.
Last updated: April 28, 2020